Thursday, October 4, 2007

Twenty Four...

I made my way into Harrah's this past Monday evening at about 3:30 pm and sat down at a juicy 2-5 NL game. I bought in for four hundred and on my second hand I look down at KQ off under the gun and raise it to $20. I proceed to get four callers. The flop is 10c Jh 9c...flopped the nuts, but I do not like the flush draw, I bet out $90 dollars hopping to make the price not right. The next guy pushes in four hundred, I don't like it but at the same time this is what I want. Everyone folds to me and I call. The turn is a red deuce and the river is a red QUEEN. He turns up the AcKc. I loved his action and he actually got lucky on many people the rest of the night. I just don't understand why he would want to push his draw, the nut draw, into three remaining players. I do not understand why you would want to scare that money out in that spot, I understand he had the nut gut shot straight draw and the nut flush draw, many outs, was he scarred that I had hit a set, did he not see that maybe someone already had a made hand, why get all that other money out? His play to me was not the best in my opinion but it worked out and I was felted in the end. I buy in two more times and eventually move down to the 1-2 game because the money has moved to locked up spots or they were smart enough and eventually left. Oh yeah, the guy who felted me after five more hours of play, left with what he bought in for, about $500.

I proceeded to tear into the 1-2 nl game, I build up to $800 and am sitting there picking great spots and making excellent reads. I build up to $1200 and run into a little asian guy who gets me to call his nut flush on the turn after I had flopped top two with KJ. I even went over the top on the river and called his value raise, I was back down to $800. This play happened after about 20 hours of play. I get to about hour 24 and I am at about $1300 and I know that I can not continue, I rack up and leave.

In the 1-2 game I was able to play much more patient because I was not dwelling on the fact that I could get felted in one hand. I know how to get away from hands unless I get that luchbox feeling. I have enjoyed success in the 2-5 NL game but there are times that I or you should realize that stepping down can be easier on your bankroll but more importantly on your mental game.

I look to make another move this Friday, so more to report at that time.

Stay nice as rice and mello as jello!

No comments: