Sunday, October 14, 2007

9 4 hearts!!!!

As you know when you go to play you have to go in with a game plan. If you are at a table of unknowns, tight aggressive....do not try to outplay if you raise with AK and get four callers and the flop is a bunch of babies, check and fold. Such as that. Well I headed to Biloxi this past Friday, Oct 12th and sat down at a new game with my bud AT@T, yes his initials do spell this out, I got my first buy in taken due to playing 75clubs from the button and getting a raise and re-raise pre-flop from a couple of lunch boxes and I put them on a large pair a piece, I hit the flop with an open ended straight but was ready to release, but they kept me in there with a $25 bet into $75 in the middle, and the re-raiser just called so...I called, I picked up a flush draw, as the board paired on the turn, this is where the money got in and I missed, pocket kings took it away from pocket queens, who was the raiser. Well I get another $200 in and I lost that, I get another $200 in and I build it up to $600 and I continue to play very good poker. I build up to about $500 and am sitting pretty, I do not have to get involved unless I have a great hand. Well, I look down at 9-4 hearts under the gun, the devil on my shoulder said to raise, and if we hit they will never know! I listened and got four callers! Well the flop is Q 9 4 rainbow! Wow! I bet out, $50, making it look like I hit the queen, or to a good player this looks like a continuation bet to get people out of the pot. I had raised to $15 pre-flop, I get two callers. The turn is a 7 off, no flush possibilities, I bet $100, I get one caller, a lady who has played like a lunchbox. The river is a deuce, she is out of position and pushes all in for $115, I smile and look at the board and go, "you have two pair?" she smiles WIDE, big tell, and says, "my money is in there." I should fold but the value is there to call, I believe I am beat and I should fold, I am putting her on Q 2, seriously...I SHOULD FOLD!!!! I do not, I call and she turns over Q 9 off and takes it down. I am a lunchbox!!!!

Why play the 9 4 hearts? Why try to out play them with this hand!!!!! It was bad! I try to judge my sessions by how much I win, this time, I did leave winning but I had a bad session, I ended up play bad hands out of position and did not get away from hands I knew I was losing in but became a pay off wizard!

The point is, just because you are up, do not change what got you there!

Why do we drop our focus so? Somebody help!!!!

Stay nice as rice and mello as jello!

2 comments:

Steven said...

I'll be back in LA soon. Hope to see ya around.

Steven said...

btw, the Panger (q9) pwns :)