Friday, February 3, 2012

Superbowl weekend, a funny experience and Action shots!

Lots going on today and into the weekend!  We are hitting phase two of my warehouse Five "S" project which I had to recognize and react to and change it up a bit, but I'll get the same result in the end.  Hard work pays off folks!  I cannot say enough about the position I am in, I will continue to thank God for this daily and if it turns out to not work out, I'll thank God for the experience.
This weekend we have two carnivals going, one in Slidell and the other in Metairie, can't recall what the crews are but I think I am going to record a couple of them to re-live the experience and post them for those way outside of the New Orleans area, these parades are big time!
We also have the Super Bowl, as a guy who has played football for half his life, this is something I'll never be able to experience first hand but it is a good time to watch and enjoy, they really leave it on the field for this game.  I think the family will be heading to a neighbors house for a bit to socialize more than watch the game.
I had a very funny experience last night as I left work.  Let me start with some history.Right next door to our building a gymnastics training facility has opened and the place does not have a lot of parking.  I as a new business in the area and understanding that we will not have a lot of parking would make friends with your neighbors and visit with them to see if it would be a problem to utilize our parking lot, after hours.  They did not, they talked to one of our inside sales reps, who just told them what our hours were, well they took that as, we can use their parking lot after 5pm.  We had to correct that...quickly.
Shot from our door, my parking lot.
They had about five cars in our parking lot at 4pm last week and had filled up the businesses parking lot on the other side of them plus their own, so we had kids, parents and grand parents looking for parking and since we were next door, why not?  My store manager is VERY aggressive and did not want them parking there, good reason, it'll take spaces away from her customers and in our experience trash starts to build up and we did not want that to happen.  So she and I went next door and walked through the hundred or so gymnastic girls to get to the front desk to ask them to not park next door, my store manager noticed the sign on the door that they could park next door after 5 pm and she went off, in front of the kids.  I'm a big black guy...I was blushing.  I wanted to be very neutral and understanding of their situation and not be too aggressive but that went out the door...it worked so we rarely have to tell folks not to park in our parking lot.  I am 100% sure that they are, they are doing it way after we leave, but don't let me find trash out there, then the PAIN TRAIN will be coming.
The neighbor, gymnastics and good loud music
So the picture shows how close they are, I've tried to open that door.  Okay, back to my story, I've given the history so yesterday at about 5:30 pm as I was leaving to go home and SUV pulls in and parks, now I really don't have a problem with this but I tell myself they should wait until I leave then I tell myself not to be a punk and let them park.  So I get out of my car and notice it is an older gentleman, "Excuse me sir, you are going to have to park at the facility next door, we really don't want anyone parking here after hours, thanks."
He looks at me, for a second, slowly turns back to his SUV and throws his hand at me like he was going to block my lay up and says, "Fooey!" and I think something else under his voice.  I laughed all the way home, fooey?  I can hear nincompoop from that same source.

I discovered a cool function on my Samsung Infuse Android phone, my camera has this action button and takes pictures like this:
My youngest running up a dirt pile and down it.
I think it's pretty cool, I was snapping shots of them swinging on the tire swing, all kinds of ACTION shots of them playing.

I believe I will be hitting the felt on the 17th of February, I have been brushing up by reading a couple of blogs Ed Millers and Mitchell Cogerts and re-reading Harrington on cash games, also re-read low stakes hold'em, which was all about beating low LIMIT hold'em, not no-limit, but the thought process was similar just need to adjust it a bit for no limit.  I'll be talking to a buddy of mine this weekend, I hope and talk through different situations and the metagame.  Just look forward to bringing more wins home than losses.

I know Wild Bill is in Tunica, good luck brother.  I think Gene-O will be heading out there as well good luck to you as well!  Prayers coming for both of you.

You all stay nice as rice and mello as jello!

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Great shot of your daughter!

Goondingy said...

Thanks Memphis Mojo.