Friday, February 10, 2012

Headache, taxes, Obama Rant...but life is good!

I squeezed my eyes shut hoping that the burning sensation at the pinch points would dissipate and remove themselves from my eye lids.  After several attempts it started to work.  It is not often, no, I cannot remember the last time I had a headache that hurt this bad!  It is one of those pains that burn the temple and you are rubbing at it ineffectively but for some reason, you think it feels better...NOT!  I took some sinus medicine as I think it is a sinus issue and got some Excedrin from the store manager.  I am still walking around smiling but this really hurts!

Well we got our tax assessment back and we are not happy.  We bought a house last June and we are going to get less back than from 2010...maybe this is part of the headache effect?  I want to say this is because of the Obama administration, but I can't do that without any proof.  Speaking of Obama, what has he done to help better the country?  Obama care(mandatory healthcare), got Bin Laden(inevitable), won the Nobel Peace Prize, and...what else?  Sorry, just frustrated that people are okay with our government telling us what is good for us.  Seat belts, by now, it has been burned into us that we need to wear them, or else you go to jail.  Common sense tells us we should wear them for safety purposes.  Sometimes they get it right but is it right for them to tell us what we should do?  It will, promise you, get to a point where we will be run by the government and not running the government, because the government is for the people.  I cannot say that a republican is better than a democrat but I have two good examples...Reagan and Clinton.  Reagan got us back on our feet after Carter put us in a hole and Clinton made money as our President, heck the only bad thing I can remember about him was the Lewinsky issue.  Reagan worked with both sides and got things done.  Clinton did the same and balanced the budget.  Bush screwed up but Obama knew that, don't continue to blame, we know, FIX IT!  So seriously, what has he done?  Please don't say he is being obstructed, he had it all when he came in, that is why democrats lost all those seats, they got too big for their britches.  Argh! let me get off my soap box.

Now my return to the felt may be delayed as I was hoping to use some of this tax money to play, but according to the CFO, my wife, it ain't looking good.  No worries, I have some other things in the mix to make sure I get to that felt and it should and will be glorious!  E-bay anyone?  I got action figures, comic books, and sports cards to sell.
Bobba Fett and Stormtroopers at attention.
I really don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about life.  All my complaints are selfish because I want something.  My family is healthy, other than my four year old who has bronchitis, but she is getting well.  I have given my wife a beautiful home and things are good.  Of course we got a little stretched thin because we went crazy with credit but we accept that responsibility and will get it fixed.  I guess what I am saying is that this blog is for me, for me to put more of me out there to maybe...get it off my chest(as I shrug my shoulders), that I will have to continue to work hard, raise my children and be a great husband.  Even though wanting to play poker, more often, tugs at me.  Yes, I like to ramble.

Wild Bill made a final table in the 6-max in Tunica, SWEET!  I hope he hits another and hopefully does work in the main event.

Short and sweet...you all stay nice as rice and mello as jello!

2 comments:

sevencard2003 said...

no idea who this is, but it seems u also know a ton of the people i know, and also dont like obama.

Goondingy said...

Sevencard...don't really know all those folks but interested in their blogs. Yes, I am not an admirer of the Obama administration. Looks like you are getting back into the groove. Good luck, hope you get above 10k soon!