Tuesday, March 2, 2010

SUCKOUT!!!!

3-2-2010

I made my move and hit the felt for my second session of the year. It was Saturday evening at about 4 pm and it was pretty cool as the convention center must have been having a cheerleading contest of some sort as multiple sets of matching young ladies in ribboned hair and colorful, skirts moved into and out of the convention center. Took me twenty minutes to get to the freaking garage!

I went into the session with a plan...I screwed that plan and 10 hours later I booked a session that paid 5.50 an hour! ARGH!!!

Here is a highlight on how well I played, after about 20 minutes of folding...about four hands. I look down at 7-8 of clubs, three limp to me and I open for 15. A young asian girl and a black guy come along. The flop is K 7 2 one club and two hearts. They both check to me and I fire out half the pot. Black guy folds and the other player calls. Must be a heart draw? The turn brings a 3 spades, she checks again, "Goodie," I think "She should fold to this BIG bet."
I fire 3/4 of the pot and she makes what looks like a crying call. What range does she have here...must be a KING, maybe? She must be a genius, getting me to bet this, I freaking fired two barrels...GO AWAY LUNCHBOX! YOUR KICKER SUCKS!!!! The river is the A of spades. She checks again, I fire in a bet to put her all in...she thinks on it, shrugs her shoulders (I now KNOW she has at least a KING at this point) and she calls. OH SHE IS A GENIUS! I say one pair and turn over my cards, she gets up and turns over K 10 offsuit, and looks to be leaving...the rest of the table say you win, she looks back and smiles big, sits down and buries her face in the black guys chest in embarrassment, "I thought he had three of a kind!"
LUNCHBOX! Of course she proceeds to bleed those chips off to the table and gets up an hour later with $50 and leaves.
What's the lesson learned? You cannot bluff a calling station.
So now, I am disgusted with myself and am down quite a bit...so I change tables and get position on a long haired, asian kid who has been playing since friday night. Ahh, I remember those days.
After about two hours of play I open from the button with 9-8 clubs, I get five callers, this was maybe the third hand I played, FIVE CALLERS! The flop is 2 9 3 rainbow, they check to me I push out half the pot and the only caller is the asian. The turn is an A, still no flush draw, the asian checks and I fire another decent bet...he calls. At this time, my thought process is this bet and he should fold, bet and he should fold...he called again. I give up! The river is a blank, he checks again and I check right behind...he tables the A 2 off suit! I don't know why, I usually don't do this, but I wanted to know why? What were you drawing for the deuce or the ace? I gave the guy a little lip and had to stand up and stretch before I sat back down. Not really like me to berate people as I am a HUGE guy, and I really don't need that attention. Moving on, this guy had about $1100 in front of him and I figured he was big stacking me. No problem, if he continued to play this way...I would see this stack dwindle away. If I continued to play this way I would be busted very soon myself. Last highlight....
I am playing so bad that I am straddling in a 1-2 nl game! I decide that no matter what I have, if I get three callers, I am going to raise. Five people call, I fire out $45. Two of them call me one being the long haired, asian kid. I check my hole cards and I see pocket threes. The flop is 6 7 4 unsuited. They both check to me and I fire out $75 the other guy folds and the asian raises, making it $105 to go...go ahead and fold ray. Yet I sit there and think about it, four fives and two sixes versus what's in the pot...I should push or fold. Another bad decison, here it comes, I called. My LORD, he must have been looking in on me as a FIVE hit the turn! WHAT THE HELL AM I SO HAPPY ABOUT! He could have raised with 7 8 suited and the five gave him the bigger straight...hell he may have raised with the 8 9 and now has the NUTS. The asian checks to me and I push in what I have left, about $300, quickly. He thinks on it for a few seconds, if he has me he just slow rolled me with the delay otherwise I don't think he has it, and calls, the river brings a deuce..."I got the bitch end of the straight." He looks at me and I turn over my threes and he tosses his cards into the muck. Someone yelled to see his cards and the dealer turned over the 6 7 off suit! WOW! I SUCKED OUT!!!!! Well I hope you enjoyed this view into my dumbass thought processes. Next time...I look for the results to work along with the process both being positive.
Untill next time...Stay Nice As Rice And Mello As Jello!

2 comments:

Tiltin Texan said...

what are u doing berating the lunchboxes big guy? Especially when u win lol! Economy is hurting we need all the bad asians and lunchboxes possible

Anonymous said...

I know! I got to get that fixed!